Saturday, May 28, 2016

Today

     After a particularly rough week, topped off by very sweet gestures by some of my students, the fact that my heart shattered into a million tiny pieces yet again should not even take me by surprise anymore.  I was warned multiple times by a very good friend, but I resisted her advice because I am the consummate optimist even when every previous experience should scream "no" to me at the highest of volumes.
     Again, I will say that I will not get into such situations and in another ten years, I may do it again. But I will still say now that I will not allow anyone to get so close to me again nor I to anyone else.  Students, of course, will always have my heart and soul given fully to their success, but beyond that, I am even going to put my own success on a back burner because I am very tired of always being overlooked or unappreciated at every turn.  I will stop wearing my heart on my sleeve and hopefully I will learn to take pleasure in doing as I please regardless of how it might affect others, but I have never been blessed with that outlook on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment